How does it work?
This calculation template uses Prandtl’s classical Lifting-line Theory.
All the results are available for angles of attack from 0 to 15 degrees and are presented in chart and table formats:
- Wing / Appendage coefficients: CL, CDi, e (Oswald’s efficiency factor);
- Wing / Appendage forcers: lift, lift-induced drag;
- Spanwise section lift coefficients (Cl);
- Spanwise Circulation distribution;
- Lift per unit span (L’);
- Induced drag per unit span (D’);
- Spanwise induced angle of attack;
- Spanwise downwash velocity;
- Spanwise chord lengths;
Standalone wing geometry (Gap = Yes)
Wing attached to a solid surface geometry (Gap = No)
- Unswept Wings: lift and induced drag coefficients (calculation).
- Unswept Wings: coefficients and forces (calculation).
Some of the links shown below are affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you: